This Request for Proposal is to solicit proposals for the periodic provision, implementation, and technical and non-technical support from time to time for a complete election results solution for The City of Calgary’s Elections Office. The election results solution (the “Solution”) will be comprised of election equipment, software, supplies, and related services and support.
The Solution will enable The City of Calgary (“The City”) to run successful elections and obtain unofficial and official election results with minimal issues. The Solution will also ensure The City can:
1. Enable The City of Calgary voters to exercise their vote accurately and securely;
2. Operate a solution that is auditable and cost effective;
3. Provide a manner of voting that ensures the voters’ confidence in the integrity of the voting process;
4. Facilitate voting in such a way that The City’s Elections staff can manage the election processes efficiently in accordance with legislation and democratic principles; and
5. Provide unofficial election results in a timely manner to enable The City to meet the following unofficial election results timing targets:
· Unofficial election results issued on Election Day beginning at 8:30 PM (one half hour after the closing of Election Day voting) and every 15 minutes thereafter until completion;
· Unofficial election results with 90% of the Voting Stations included issued by 9:00 p.m. on Election Day; and
· Unofficial election results with 100% of the Voting Stations included issued by 10:00 p.m. on Election Day.
The City expects that the Proponent will provide the maximum possible assistance and support to achieve these targets.
Proponents are to note: The City does not wish to purchase any equipment or software provided, does not wish to own the equipment and software, and does not wish to store the equipment and software for more than the period needed for each election.