The City of Calgary (“The City”) requires the supply, delivery and specialized maintenance of fully functional electric hybrid refuse trucks.
The City may choose to purchase additional Units if the Proof of Concept phase is successful or if the City’s Waste and Recycling Operations require Units in different sizes or configurations. The City reserves the right to purchase from any of the above schedules and is under no obligation to purchase from more than one (1) schedule.
The City is interested in purchasing one (1) or more electric hybrid units (“Units”) from the below schedules to trial new technology in current City operations related to refuse collections. Proposed Units may use any electric hybrid configuration including, but not limited to hybrid chassis with electric body, hybrid chassis with hydraulic body, diesel chassis with electric body, or some other combination. Units must use a plug-in, rechargeable battery. Proposed Units may come in different sizes and configurations as outlined in the below schedules:
- Schedule A - Class 8 (+14,969 kg GVWR) Front-load refuse truck
- Schedule B - Class 8 (+14,969 kg GVWR) Side-load refuse truck
- Schedule C - Class 8 (+14,969 kg GVWR) Rear-load refuse truck
- Schedule D - Class 7 (11,794 kg – 14,969 kg GVWR) Front-load refuse truck
- Schedule E - Class 7 (11,794 kg – 14,969 kg GVWR) Side-load refuse truck
- Schedule F - Class 7 (11,794 kg – 14,969 kg GVWR) Rear-load refuse truck
The first Unit purchased from any schedule will enter into a one (1) year Proof of Concept phase to ensure that the Unit meets the minimum performance requirements required for refuse collection operations.