The City of Calgary (The City) is seeking a qualified Supplier for electrical upgrading, inspections, testing, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment and systems in wastewater, stormwater, and mobile lift stations.
This procurement process is not intended to create and will not create a formal legally binding bidding process and will instead be governed by the law applicable to direct commercial negotiations.
The City owns, operates, and maintains thirty-three (33) stormwater lift stations, thirty-nine (39) sanitary wastewater lift stations, and three (3) mobile lift stations, all of which are considered to be critical infrastructure.
The work and services to be provided by the Supplier, as part of the scope for The City’s lift stations, include but may not be limited to the following:
The highest rated proponent will be requested to enter an Agreement with The City for the provision of the Deliverables. The term of the Agreement may include a Proof of Concept, with an option in favour of The City to renew the Agreement on the same terms and conditions for an initial term of up to one (1) years. After the initial term, The City will have an option to renew the Agreement on the same terms and conditions for five (5) additional one (1) year term for a potential total term of six (6) years.
- Maintenance and repair of unit heaters;
- Troubleshoot faults with a relay-based pump control panel;
- Build and upgrade pump control cabinets;
- Maintain lighting inside and outside of a lift station;
- Inspection and cleaning of electrical distribution system equipment (e.g. motor control centres, switch gear, circuit breaker panels, enclosed switches);
- Replacement of toggle buttons, multi-position selector switches, indicator lights, alarm beacons, and other small components;
- Replacement of failed automatic transfer switches (open transition and closed transition);
- Installation and commissioning of ultrasonic level transducers and transmitters;
- Megger testing of motors and motor cables of submersible pumps;
- Provide electrical drawings for existing or newly installed electrical systems and equipment (e.g. red-line drawing, single line diagram); and
- Provide technical support to City personnel.